Top tips – planning
- Always keep the bigger picture in mind. Planning is about far more than just finding a college place.
- Ask about a transition plan. If there isn’t one, start your own.
- Start preparing your young person early by talking about different things people do when they leave school.
- Talk to your young person about their likes and dislikes. Try and get a feel for what’s likely to be important to them in their lives.
- Keep it calm. Try not to get stressed, or pass on stress to your young person.